Our mission is quite simple—The Farmington Church of Christ exists to glorify God by making and maturing disciples to be like Jesus Christ!
We are a group of Christians who desire to live as God has called us to, and to share the story and love of His Son Jesus. Hailing from the plea of the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, we strive to be the church established by Jesus and His apostles that we read about in the New Testament, living and worshiping as they did.
Based upon this desire, a group of 15 people began meeting in Farmington, Arkansas in 1937. Guy Cosand and George Broyles were the first preachers, and Virgil Funderburk assisted with the singing.
Their very first meeting place was a borrowed church building. After being asked to move, the church met in a tent and later in the home of Arthur and Edna Broyles. The first permanent building for the congregation was constructed in 1945, with various additions being built as needed, including an auditorium (1973), classrooms and offices (1987), and a fellowship annex (1995). In 2016, a new, spacious auditorium was constructed, with other areas of the campus being repurposed for additional classrooms, a chapel, and a larger fellowship area.
Through the years, the church at Farmington has been blessed with capable men in leadership roles, both as elders and ministers. The men who currently serve the church as shepherds are Marion Bailey, Bob Beeler, Bill Bequette, Mark Cunningham, and Steve White. Our current preaching minister is Mike Raine, who has been serving here since 2013. Robert Shepherd, our associate minister, has served in that role since June 2019.
Although many things have changed throughout the years, on a basic level, the Farmington Church of Christ remains very much the same: we are a people who desire to be simply Christians, living as God has called us to, and sharing the story and love of His Son Jesus.